When you hop in your car for a road trip to someplace you’ve never been before, one of the critical things you’ll need to reach your destination is a map or directions on how to get there. Grab your mobile device or GPS and tell the virtual assistant where you want to go, and you’ll get a real-time map with step-by-step instructions.
Get Help to Reach Your Health and Fitness Goals
Reaching your health and fitness goals is a lot like taking a road trip. If you’re not sure how to lose weight, build muscle, eat right, or increase endurance, a personal trainer can create a plan to point you in the right direction and provide helpful tips and motivation along the way. New research shows that working with a personal trainer will put you on the freeway to health and fitness faster than taking the backroads and trying to find your way alone.
Study: Personal Trainer Makes a Difference
In a study published in the Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, researchers tracked 129 people trying to improve their health and fitness. Each participant met with a personal trainer for one hour a week during the 10-week study. The trainers helped people identify their goals, develop customized workouts and nutrition plans, and provided motivation for the duration of the program.
After 10 weeks, researchers found that 73 percent of the people in the study made significant improvements in strength, endurance, weight loss, and eating habits. Twenty-six percent maintained a high level of fitness throughout the study. And only 1 percent experienced a decline in health and fitness while working with a personal trainer.
Education, Motivation, Accountability – 10 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You
Ever wonder if a personal trainer is right for you? There’s more than enough information available about exercise, nutrition, and weight loss. But it’s not easy to sift through it all without getting lost (kind of like taking a trip without directions). Fortunately, a personal trainer can be an agent of change who can help you:
1. Lose weight and keep it off.
2. Learn the right exercises and nutrition habits to improve your health.
3. Build muscle, get lean, and achieve a normal Body Mass Index.
4. Create a customized training program based on your current health and goals.
5. Show you how to workout at home or in the gym.
6. Avoid wasting time trying to figure out the best way to improve your health.
7. Develop self-confidence that impacts your health and other areas of your life.
8. Train for and complete a race like a marathon, triathlon, or other event.
9. Learn how to create your own effective training programs and meal plans.
10. Stay motivated and be accountable to help you achieve your goals.
Ready to get started on your journey to health and fitness? Find out more about how our personal trainers can help you at efspersonaltraining.com.